Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Atonement

So for some reason today I backed up a chapter and read the 1st two verses of 2 Nephi 7. Wow, what a great couple of verses about the Atonement.

1 - Yea, for thus saith the Lord: Have I put thee away, or have I cast thee off forever? For thus saith the Lord: Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement? To whom have I put thee away, or to which of my creditors have I sold you? Yea, to whom have I sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

2 - Wherefore, when I came, there was no man; when I called, yea, there was none to answer. O house of Israel, is my hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem, or have I no power to deliver? Behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make their rivers a wilderness and their fish to stink because the waters are dried up, and they die because of thirst.

Two things jumped out for me. First, The Lord never abandons me, I abandon the Lord and Second, The Lord is able to redeem me, regardless of my weaknesses and shortfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment