Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Power

So I was reading in 1 Nephi 14 tonight (yeah I had to catch up) and vs. 14 resonated with me.

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

I think I'm going to really focus on the promise of power as it is sprinkled throughout the Book of Mormon.

1 comment:

  1. 1 Nephi 18:11 - And it came to pass that Laman and Lemuel did take me and bind me with cords, and they did treat me with much harshness; nevertheless, the Lord did suffer it that he might show forth his power, unto the fulfilling of his word which he had spoken concerning the wicked.

    Here's the mention of power again. The Lord wants us to know and remember that it is by Him and His power that we are justified. Here he let Laman and Lemuel bind up Nephi so that they might be reminded the source of their blessings and the Lord's power of deliverance.

    ReplyDelete